Point Isabel I.S.D. Board of Trustees
School Board Members are guardians of the public trust and, through the policies they make, are ultimately responsible for the success or failure of local public education. The Board serves as the advocate for educational excellence for the community's youth and puts those interests first. The policies school boards make dictate the standards and philosophy by which schools are run and the criteria used to judge whether they are being run well.
This responsibility often entails difficult choices, self-sacrifice, and exposure to public criticism. However, it also brings a great deal of personal satisfaction in sharing with parents, staff, and students their academic successes. This critical responsibility and the closeness of trustees to the voters make the local school board the purest example of democracy our society presents.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Ensure creation of a vision and goals for the district and evaluate district success.
- Adopt policies that guide district actions
- Hire a Superintendent to serve as administrator of the district and evaluate the Superintendent's success.
- Approve an annual budget consistent with the district vision.
- Communicate the district's vision and success to the community.