Mission and Goals
The mission of the Point Isabel Independent School District Special Education Program is to work collaboratively with all educational stakeholders in order to meet the needs of all students with disabilities, provide them with a Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE), and ensure that all students with disabilities are prepared to transition from the public-school setting into the community as skilled life-long learners and integrated citizens.
Special Education Goals
- To ensure equitable, well-planned, and consistently implemented academic supports in the least restrictive environment.
- To work collaboratively with all stakeholders, including students, families, and outside agencies to transition students to appropriate post-secondary opportunities.
- To identify students with special needs through an evaluation process that is sensitive to the student’s cultural and linguistic needs in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- To provide support and services needs in order to ensure equitable access to general education curriculum in the least restricted environment to the maximum extent possible
- To provide students with the skills needed to be independent both academically and socially in order to become productive and responsible citizen.