CALL FOR SPONSORSHIPS
The Tournament Fishing Committee is looking for sponsors to provide door prizes and Auction Items for the Captain’s Party. Should you or your firm wish to provide a door prize, please contact:
Tarpon Sponsor.........................… $5,000
Blue Sponsor………………….……... $3,000
White Sponsor……………….….…... $2,000
Early Registration*...................$400 per Boat
Late Registration**..................$500 per Boat
Spotted Red Sweepstakes.........$50 per angler
RULES AND REGULATIONS
IMPORTANT: Boat captains or a boat representative must pick up a tournament packet at the Captain’s Party. The packets will contain copies of the Tournament Rules and Regulations. In addition, we will review all rules and regulations at 7:00pm on Friday, April 28, 2023. Any questions should be asked at this time.
*Each boat will be required to sign an acknowledgment of the published Rules and Regulations. ALL ANGLERS on the boat must sign the Waiver before 8:00 pm the evening of the Captain’s Party, April 28th. If a signed Waiver and signed Rules and Regulations form, digital or hard copy, is not received, the team will be considered Non-Participants in the 2nd Annual Superintendent’s Student Scholarship Fishing Tournament.
NOTE: Tournament participants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to attend the Captain’s Party.
1. Eligibility: Maximum of four (4) anglers fishing allowed per Number of anglers on the boat must not exceed Coast Guard rating.
2.This is a team-fishing tournament. The team is defined as the anglers on the boat who are actively fishing. Each Team/Boat can weigh-in three (3) slot Redfish.
3. All anglers must have a current Texas Fishing License unless exempt. All State, Federal, and Texas Parks and Wildlife Regulations shall apply at all times and all safety rules & regulations shall be adhered to.
4. All fish must be caught by entrants using rod and reel only and during the date and time of the tournament.
5. All redfish must meet State and Federal requirements. The three (3) Slot Redfish stringer can be weighed-in by any team participant.
6. Only 4 occupants on the boat may fish and must be registered in the tournament. Fishing guides or professional fishermen are not eligible unless they are registered participants.
7. Fishermen may launch their boats from anywhere they choose. We simply ask that they observe the honor system and not begin fishing before 6:00 AM the day of the tournament.
8. All boats must return to the weigh-in area (Viva @ Jim's Pier, South Padre Island) between 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM. A boat representative with the stringer to be weighed in must be in line by this time or be disqualified. Angler weighing in the fish will be required to initial weigh in cards. Angler assumes responsibility for meeting the rules and requirements.
9. The slot size for Redfish allowed to be weighed in is a Minimum 20” and Maximum 28” in length. Redfish over 28” will be disqualified.
10. Prizes – 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for the combined stringer length (3 Redfish) closest to 84 inches will be awarded.
11. In case of a tie, total weight of qualified stringer will determine winner. Further tie breaker is first team weighed-in.
Pay out amounts will be as follow:
1st Place $1,000.00
2nd Place $ 600.00
3rd Place $ 400.00
CAPTAIN’S PARTY – Captain’s Party will be held from 5:00pm – 8:00pm at VIVA at Jim's Pier, South Padre Island, TX on Friday, April 28, 2023.