Port Isabel Junior High Chapter
National Junior Honor Society
2018-2019 NJHS Officers
President, Atticus Walker, Vice President, Joe Hernandez, Secretary, Samantha Ricco, Treasurer - Makayla Hancock and Christus Martinez, Historian, Trevor Moore.
* At least one core, grade level teacher must nominate students.
* Students must have been on track for both the 1st and 2nd 9-week report cards.
* Nominated students may not have had any incomplete grades:
Incompletes: a student can receive an incomplete in a class for the following reasons; having a cognitive skill below the grade level minimum requirement (6th – 2.0 and 7th – 2.5), having a concept unit grade below a 3.0, having an overdue focus area and/or project.
*Students may not have an overall grade lower than an 85 in their core, grade level classes at the 3rd 9-week grade reporting date. The snapshot will be made at 8:30 AM on March 19, 2018.
*6th grade students must have a cognitive score average of 3 or higher; 7th grade students must have a cognitive score of 3.5 or higher in all core areas. Concept unit grades must be 3.0 or higher
* Rebecca Salazar, NJHS Sponsor, will hold a meeting with all students who meet the grading requirements to discuss club membership, responsibilities and general information on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
* Interested students will then receive a letter of member obligation to be read and signed by both the student and parent. This letter must be turned in by Monday, April 2, 2018, in order to receive a membership application form.
* Member application forms are due to Ms. Salazar no later than Friday, April 13 at 3:30 PM. No late applications will be accepted. Applications must also include 2 community member recommendation letters. Letters must be sealed in an envelope with the recommenders’ signature across the seal.
* Students that submit their NJHS application and community member letters on time will then be interviewed by the faculty council.
* Students will be notified in writing of their acceptance or non-acceptance on Friday, April 27, 2018.
* The induction ceremony will be held before the awards banquet on Monday, May 7, 2018.