The mission of the Point Isabel I.S.D. Technology Department is centered on providing all students, staff and our community with access to a variety of technological resources in order to improve student achievement. By ensuring equitable and efficient use of existing and emerging technologies, the Point Isabel I.S.D. will prepare students to be productive citizens of an increasingly complex information society.
- The responsibilities of technology services operations in Texas public school districts vary. Some offices support administrative workers only, while others like Point Isabel ISD, are responsible for supporting both administrative and instructional technology.
- The district has the right to restrict or terminate information network access at any time for any reason. The district further has the right to monitor network activity in any form that it sees fit to maintain the integrity of the information network.
Technical Support Information:
- Please note that all requests for technology related work must be done via online service request.
- All Technology Requests will be attended to in the order they are received.
- Do not rely on oral communication of the problem to the technician. This allows the Technology Department to keep track of what work needs to be done, a work order is a written record to the kinds of problems that are experienced across the district. It also insures that someone will take care of your problem.
Students will not be advised or encouraged by school staff to obtain free e-mail accounts through commercial providers (e.g., Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) for use in class projects.
The district does not endorse or advocate the use of commercial Instant Messaging service or free e-mail accounts through commercial providers (e.g., Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.).